I feel as though we have once again blinked and it's time again for getting the girls up on time, school work, field trips, co-op, soccer, and much more. Before I know it, the holidays will be upon us! I am so not ready to think about that yet.
I've been reflecting on the things I've learned this summer and thought I'd share them with you.
- Hospitality isn't about my home being perfect - it's about the door being open, friends and family being greeted with a smile and perhaps a hug, and making each and every person who comes through feel welcome. I've had such fun with friends and family this summer! My girls love spending time with their friends and I think this summer has created some great memories for them. At least I hope so.
- Inexpensive potting soil is just that - cheap. Miracle Gro is my brand from now on!
- My girls don't care what I look like in a swim suit - they just want to spend time with me in the pool! I've gotten past my own insecurities and been in the pool with my family and plan to do so a few more times before the summer ends. This may not sound like much, but considering I have not been in a pool or swimming with my girls for probably 8-9 years, this is huge for me. My girls were hugging and kissing on me and it was great! Ok, so much for vanity - in I go!
- Sitting still and doing "nothing" is okay now and then. I confess this is a frustrating concept for me. For some reason, I feel guilty about relaxing. I am working on it...and I must say that I've put my feet up a few times this summer and tried to relax. It's not easy for this Type A personality!
- Badminton is so much fun! Love playing with my hubby and girls! We played too with my sis-in-law and husband and it was hilarious. I think we have started a new tradition!
Have you reflected on your summer at all yet? Lessons learned? Great memories? I'd love to hear about them!
All my best to you today,