Do you ever feel this way? Am I alone in this?
It's like being in a state of suspension...abeyance...as if I am waiting for something big to happen to make my life what it "should be". Why? My goodness, I am a blessed woman! What is wrong with me? Shame on me...
I came across this beautiful and inspiring blog last week and made a note to myself (yes, I added it to my to-do list) to pay attention and begin praying about and looking for the abundant blessings in my life. To that end, I am going to be joining in on Counting One Thousand Gifts.
Each Monday, I will share blessings and gifts the Lord has graciously given me or shown to me. I need to be thankful!
I need to realize that life is quickly passing me by while I try to knock out the never-ending to-do list. I need to realize that our girls won't be around forever and I need to enjoy them more each and every day.
My husband...he is this amazing man and I have neglected him much as of late. That needs to change today. There are so many people in my life whom I love and adore and I am missing out on loving them the way I should.
No more...Lord willing, I am going to change. Family and friends, be patient with me.
I am hoping that perhaps others who may be feeling like me will be encouraged today. It is my heart to encourage others and to love others with the love of Christ. This list of thanks and simple blessings is not necessarily tangible, but I am praying it will speak to hearts and minds.
- Time spent with family laughing
- Smiles on my daughter's faces that say, "I love you"
- A husband who loves me despite my many, many flaws
- Pretty $1.00 wall decals that I found at the Dollar Tree
- Fresh red raspberries from Dad and Mom's garden
- Breakfast with my Daddy over Father's Day weekend
- Breakfast with Momma over Mother's Day weekend
- Seeing my brother smile (it's rare) and feeling him hug me back
- Sweet hugs from my daughters for no apparent reason
- A note in the mail from a loved one
- Sitting on the patio listening to the birds sing and enjoying the peace of the day before things get rolling
- Watching our girls read book after book
- Date night with my hubby Jeff
- The freedom to write
- Learning the details of quilting and sewing from Momma
- Flowers of summer
- The knowledge that the Lord never turns His back on me...He is waiting for me to turn my face upward to Him and share my heart with Him. Oh the Love of Christ...it still amazes me and baffles me nearly 17 years of being a Christian.
- Rainy days to just stay inside and enjoy board games
- A cup of hot coffee in the morning (even if it is decaf)
- Fabric for 50 cents at a garage sale that became a pretty tablecloth after sewing two long seams