Talking about home, children, parenting, homeschooling, recipes, faith and much more. Hope you'll join me!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Not Badminton, It's "Fun-minton"

It's been about three years now since my Dad and Mom gifted our youngest daughter Heather with a fun outdoor game set for her birthday. Included in the set was a net, badminton racquets and birdies. We have put up the net every summer since then. We all agree that set was one of the best gifts we have ever received.

Our favorite time to play is in the evening after the hottest part of the day has passed and we've worked hard all day. It's as if the net is just calling us to come and have fun!

When we play as a family, it's as if all the cares of everyday life just fall away. We giggle, laugh, talk "smack" (it's always nice, but fun!) and fancy ourselves great badminton players during those short times of playing the game. I know as a mom and wife, those times of playing badminton have been some of my favorite family times.

Just last night, my husband told me that he and Julie, our oldest daughter, have now dubbed our backyard badminton games, "fun-minton". How appropriate!

Does your family enjoy a certain activity together? I'd love to hear about it!

All my best to you today,

No comments: