Monday again? Did I blink? Seems that way sometimes, doesn't it? We wait and wait for Friday to arrive so we can enjoy the weekend and then the next thing we know, we're waking up on Monday morning again ready to start a new week. I wish I could figure out a way to "hold on" to the times with loved ones a bit tighter...and for a longer time...
At any rate, I wanted to continue with my blessings list, beginning with #91. If you haven't heard about One Thousand Gifts, be sure to visit Ann Voskamp's website and see what it's all about. The basic premise is that we all have so many blessings in our lives each and every day. Her writings are an inspiration!
It's been good for me to think on the blessings the Lord has rained down on me, no matter how little or seemingly insignificant, and to thank Him for all He has given me.
One thousand gifts continued...I'm thankful for...
91. A compliment from my oldest daughter over the weekend
92. Spontaneous hugs from my girls
93. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the morning
94. Hearing the laughter of my Mom and Dad as we catch up over the phone each weekend
95. The knowledge that the Lord loves me even when I am completely unlovable to others
96. An e-mail from a sweet friend who said she missed me while I was gone on my trip
97. A good book to read
98. Looking at a table of desserts and having the willpower not to eat any of it (that's the Lord in me, not my own willpower!)
99. My oldest daughter, Julie, sitting in service with us - having her put her head on my shoulder and her arms around me and looking up at me with a sweet smile (she's 11 years old). Ah, my heart was bursting!
100. Watching our youngest daughter, Heather, get excited about her new Bible this weekend - she couldn't put it down and has been excited to talk about what she is seeing in it! Thank you Lord!
101. Listening to Heather play the piano and get better and better every time she plays
102. Feeling the little hands in mine when my girls grab my hands in the parking lot
103. My trip with my Momma (last week) - that was our first trip together, ever!
104. My sweet husband clearing the table for me while I washed the pots and pans from dinner
105. My Grandpa calling me "Suz"
106. A warm and cozy home to enjoy, especially as the weather turns colder
107. The blessing of giving to others
109. God's provision in the way of my husband's job and the jobs the Lord has given me from home
110. Two vehicles that are still running
What are you thankful for today?
Scripture Reading Update
I must confess, I am still in Job! Yes, Job. I am stuck on the dialogue between Job and his friends in the first few chapters. I want to understand it and figure out what it all means and it's been slow going for me. I do hope you're doing better than me with the Reading the Bible in One Year challenge! The way I see it, it's a good idea to keep up, but also to understand what I'm reading. To that end, I am behind right now according to the schedule, but perhaps there will be another time to "catch up".