We've had the same plastic and terra cotta pots in our back flower beds for a few years now. A couple of them for at least four years! It was time for a real change. As you can see, we did spice things up a bit with color.
The plastic pots looked like this when we started.
When we finished with our projects (it took us two afternoons altogether), the pots, watering can, and a few other odds and ends looked like this.
I think the brown flower pot and the purple/green flower pot turned out to be my favorites. I wasn't sure at first if the brown one was going to work out, but after a few coats of spray paint, it turned out nicely.
We used both acrylic paint and spray paint for these projects. Here is a list of the supplies we used to turn these plastic flower pots from boring (yawn) to colorful and fun.
- Plastic flower pots, terra cotta flower pots, metal containers
- Sandpaper (just look in your husband's tool box!)
- Acrylic paint - we like the Americana brand best, but any will work
- Rust-Oleum American Accents Smooth Satin Finish - Green Apple
- JoAnn's Craft Essentials Crafter's Edition Color Spray Paint - Spice Brown
- Design Master Super Surface Sealer #383
- Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish
- Drop cloth (to protect the grass or surface on which you're using spray paint
All my best to you!