Talking about home, children, parenting, homeschooling, recipes, faith and much more. Hope you'll join me!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Caramel Latte Recipe


I discovered this caramel latte recipe on the back of a CARNATION Evaporated Milk can one day when I was baking.  It looked like such an easy recipe, I just had to try it.

 
I don't know what it is about baking days in our house, but I seem to get into a "mode" and start digging into the pantry and cupboards to see what ingredients I have to work with and then I just get busy making new things.  

I immediately fell in love with the creamy flavor of this drink!  If you like caramel and you like coffee, I'm sure you'll love this latte recipe.  

The ingredients for the caramel latte are few - only 4 ingredients total. It's quick and easy to make, but tastes like you just visited your local coffee shop.

Ingredients for a Quick Caramel Latte
  • 1 can (12-oz) evaporated lowfat 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping plus additional for drizzle, if desired
  • 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
  • 1 cup very hot water, divided
Heat evaporated milk and ice cream topping in the microwave in a small uncovered microwave-safe bowl on High for 2 minutes.

Pour the hot mixture (carefully) into a blender. Cover and blend until the mixture is frothy on top.

Place 2 teaspoons coffee into each 12-ounce mug. Add 1/2 cup of hot water to each mug and stir to dissolve the instant coffee granules.

Pour the milk/caramel mixture into each mug.

Drizzle extra caramel on top if desired.  Add some extra whipped topping too, if you like.

Sit down, sip, and enjoy!  

Please forgive the photo - it may not look very exciting, but the taste is delicious!  I'm still working on getting food and drink photos to look just right.  Anyone have some tips for me?

All my best to you today,

No comments: