Talking about home, children, parenting, homeschooling, recipes, faith and much more. Hope you'll join me!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall is Fleeting

We were on our way from one place to another in our busy day yesterday when I spotted a single tree in a row of many that was turning bright orange.  It was stunning!  As we were quickly approaching it, I pointed it out to my girls - my youngest looked up right away and "ooh-ed" and "aah-ed" over it.  My oldest daughter was reading a good book and didn't look up until we were well past it (it was a blink!).  She was sad she missed it, but I assured her there would be other beautiful fall leaves and trees to see in the coming weeks.
 
I feel like fall is like that every year - kind of like I don't look up in time and it's already past.  Fall is my favorite time of the year and it seems to fly by so very quickly.  In the Midwest, the hot sticky summers and the dreary cold winters seem to drag on forever...but the wonderfully cool, crisp, and sunny fall weather is here and gone in the blink of an eye.

Of course, I just had to go through some fall photos after seeing that beautiful tree decked out in bright orange leaves!  So, here are a few I thought I'd share with you. 

Our youngest daughter scooping out her pumpkin a few fall seasons ago.

 We visit our favorite B&B in Amish Country whenever we can in the fall season.  It's called Sojourner's Lodge.  This was taken from behind the lodge where we stayed.

One of our favorite parks in our area is called Charleston Falls.  This is the hiking path that takes you to the falls and several other beautiful areas of the park.

Aren't the leaves beautiful?  Our Lord is an Amazing Artist!

One of my favorite fall photos.

My youngest daughter and I went hiking together a few years back.  Just love this one of her finding her way across the creek on the rocks.

Just...love the fall leaves floating in the creek...

This was taken at Carriage Hill, another one of our favorite parks.  It's amazing to me that trees can grow that way and still stand!

This was also taken at Sojourner's Lodge in Amish Country.  You can't see it in this photo, but there is a swing right in front of the pond where we sat and enjoyed the sounds of the Amish buggies and horses passing by...and oh, yes...the quiet. 

As some might say in the South, and even perhaps here in the Midwest, "Happy Fall Y'all!"

Just a quick aside - I am not trying to promote Sojourner's Lodge for any other reason other than we love it there. 

3 comments:

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

I just adore the fall!

Today I made baked apples for the girls with apples picked from a local orchard.

JOY!

Very lovely photos... the red tree is just stunning.

sheila said...

Verrrrrry beautiful shots! I'm about an hour from Amish country in ohio. Such a serene life.

Unknown said...

Susan I love the pictures.. I live in Fla so i dont get to see the change of season.. but I love getting to invision it through pictures of my friend who do get to live it..