Talking about home, children, parenting, homeschooling, recipes, faith and much more. Hope you'll join me!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Airing "Dirty" Laundry - Not What You Think

Good Saturday Morning!  I hope this morning finds you refreshed and ready to enjoy a nice weekend doing whatever it is you do with friends or family.  Me - I'm going to be working our homeschool co-op's HUGE curriculum sale today.  We set up yesterday and it is amazing to me how much stuff is there!  It's always fun to shop, but even more fun to fellowship with some wonderful Christian women. 

I'm linking up today with Susie B. Homemaker's Weekend Wind Down.  This weekend's topic is one every woman can relate to I think - laundry!  It's always interesting to see what techniques people use to get the grass stains or chocolate (my personal favorite) out of the clothing.


For this Weekend Wind Down, there were 4 questions to answer.

1.  Do you use liquid or powder laundry detergent, what brand?
We don't use any laundry detergent (did I just hear an almost audible gasp in blog-land?!)  We use Laundry Pure by Ecoquest International which utilizes oxygen and silver ionization to clean the clothes.  It sanitizes and smells fantastic.  We have saved a lot of money on laundry detergent over the last several years!

    2.  Do you pre-treat, if so what's your stain remover of choice?
I do pre-treat.  What mom of little ones doesn't?  Oxy-Clean is my stain fighter of choice.  Love that stuff.

    3.  Where is your laundry room located?
We live in a small home of about 1,400 square feet, so ours is located right inside the front door to the right of the foyer.  It's nice because it's centrally located, but someday, if ever given a choice, I'd love to have the laundry in the bathroom.

    4.  How many loads of laundry would you say you do a week?
Oh my...I'd say at least 7-8.  Some are small loads, but we do at least 5 significant-sized loads each week.  Our girls do the sorting now which makes my job so much easier - just toss it in and go!

I won't be doing laundry today, but Monday will come 'round again.

All my best to you today,

4 comments:

Susie B. Homemaker said...

Hey, thanks for joining in the WWD. :) I have never heard of Laundry Pure- where did you buy it? And does it seriously work & do you need to use a dryer sheet? I'm intrigued... tell me more, lol. :D Have a great weekend!!

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

I'll have to look into your laundry cleaning miraculous gadgety doo-hickey!

Currently, I make my own laundry detergent with Dr.Bronners Hemp Castille(lavender), Arm and Hammer Washing Soda, Borax and water.
It works well enough that I don't have to pretreat. (This is the same as the Duggars make-except I think that they use Felsnaptha soap- which is a little too harsh for me.)

Cool post- I need to do some laundry- but not till after my 5K tomorrow!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I too would like to know how your Laundry pure works.
Do you have dingy whites? I honestly have tried just about every "natural laundry detergent" out there. And have not found anything that is gentle but gets white bright (besides sun).
Thus far we like soap nuts the best and are awaiting the Sapindus tree seeds to grow our own (in our humble attempts to live off the land).

Iron Girl!! said...

Hi tribalmama -
Whites still need a boost - seems like that's the case no matter how laundry is done. I use OxyClean powder for my white clothing/towel loads. Check out this information for Laundry Pure.
http://www.chippynews.com/Tech,LaundryPureWhitePaper12-20-05.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions!

We love, love, love it.